[birdky] Martins and stuff

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <smarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ky Rare Bird <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:55:43 +0000

6:45 PM yesterday a pair circled the martin house twice and landed into the
wind. The female preened while the male stuck his head inside and checked out a
cavity.

Spotted an Osprey from the supper table last night, another sighting near dark.

There was a coot setting in the middle of the parking lot in the dark this
morning, downtown Lexington. When my headlights hit him, he flew right at me. I
thought it was under the car, so I got out. the flashlight beam spotted him
behind the vehicle some 30 feet and again it flew right at the light. I could
have touched it as it came by. The heavy beam followed the flight over the
fence, across the tracks and over the top of a nearby warehouse into the dark.

Scott Marsh
Lexington