[birdky] Mammoth Cave

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 21:54:23 +0000

Saw 50+ Cedar waxwings feeding on the tiny blue berries on the cedar trees at
Mammoth cave today.  Also saw 15+ Purple Finches(both male & female), feeding
on the ground among 30+ Junco's.... never seen that before!   Was looking for
some Eastern Bluebirds, but did not see any around the visitors center were I
normally see 10 or more.  There is a lot of construction work for the new
visitors center, so don't know if there was the reason the Bluebirds were not
around.  I still have 2-3 Red breasted Nuthatches feeding daily at my home
feeder.
Linda Craiger / Glasgow
http://biggestloser.msn.com/