[birdky] Re: Late Hummer?? Which is it???

  • From: Mark Monroe <markmonroe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sweeney11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:31:25 -0500

As of last week, there were 3 Rufous and (I think) 6 Ruby-throateds
still coming to feeders that we knew about.  Since then, I think 3 of
the Ruby-throats have moved on (as expected), and I've not heard one
way or the other on a few.  We just learned of 2 more hummingbirds in
the last 24 hours (this being one of them) that have not been photo-d,
so id's are unknown.  Brainard is unavailable until next week, but if
the bird stays around, we'll be glad to come confirm the id.  In the
meantime, keep trying to get a photo and keep the feeder from freezing
(placing a light near it can usually produce enough heat).

Mark

Mark Monroe
Louisville, KY
Hummer/Bird Study Group