[birdky] LBL CBC

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "HapC1@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 08:43:08 -0500

Sunday we participated in the Land Between the Lakes CBC. Bill Lysowski
called to say he had seen a Great Black-backed gull at KY Dam. Later that  day
we relocated the bird. It was a bit of a challenge at first because it was
hiding behind the fence on the lock. It appeared to be feeding and picking
on  dried fecal matter. The car decided to go on strike and while we waited
for  a jump the gull flew directly towards us. There was no mistaking the
big gull in  the air.
Other highlights for our party were 62 species including Least Sandpiper
(only 1), Forster's Tern, Hundreds of Bonaparte's Gulls, 2 Lesser
Black-backed gulls and one very cute Brown Creeper. Numbers of ducks  seemed
low but
visibility was a challenge due to heavy fog.
Hap and Melissa
Murray, KY