[birdky] KOS fall meeting

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BirdKY BirdKY Listserve" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ASK Freelists" <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:33:35 -0400

Our fall meeting is coming up. We have a really nice line up on speakers
and maybe we will have some fall colors. I hope to see you at Pine Mt.
For an appetizer on our hummingbird presentation I offer a verse from a
poem by Robert Frost. Although he frequently mentions birds in his
poems, I don't suspect he was much of a bird watcher. He only mentions
one by name that I am aware of and this is a Mockingbird that he wants
to shut up. He does. However, catch the essence of most of his subjects.

And happy make us in the darting bird

That suddenly above the bees is heard,

The meteor that thrust in with needle bill,

And off a blossom in mid air stands still,

Scott

Lexington KY