[birdky] Re: Important Sandhill crane info from KDFWR in local newspapers

  • From: "Jamie Lee Herman" <hermarosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:01:52 -0500

My concern is not with hunting beautiful animals, as most everything hunted
is beautiful. I do believe that hunting has it's place in responsible
conservation.
My issue is with the whooping cranes that will be put at risk. Not to
mention, I question what the purpose is in hunting the cranes.  Are they
edible or is this just for the sporting excitement?