[birdky] INFO: Caution to birders visiting the Louisville area ...

  • From: brainard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:14:44 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

If you have not heard, the I-64 bridge across the Ohio River northwest of
Louisville is closed for the foreseeable future. Concern about structural
integrity is the culprit. This has put traffic in some of the Louisville metro
area in virtual gridlock, especially during the morning and afternoon commutes.
Especially if you have in mind coming to Louisville and getting anywhere in the
vicinity of the I-65 bridge (now the only interstate bridge crossing the river
here) to visit the Falls of the Ohio or travel anywhere north or west of
Louisville, you should not plan to do it at busy traffic times. This will also
apply to those doing any sort of travel between points north and south of
Louisville attempting to use the I-65 corridor; the backups have been epic!!!

bpb, in "suddenly much less attractive to live in" Louisville