[birdky] Goldfinches

  • From: "Debi" <debi1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:51:33 -0500

I had started wondering where my Goldfinches were and was going to write and
ask if anyone knew why they weren't around, when today they were back to the
feeders.

I haven't seen all the Bluebirds like normal either and found that they have
gone to live on the otherside of the farm near my daughter's house.  It's
really odd not having them at the feeder.

Now they may not realize that the feeders are out ..I wasn't able to put them
out last year, but they would still be in the trees from time to time.
They nest in their boxes every year and stick around on the lines by the house,
so it's strange not seeing them at the feeders.

But cool news, we saw our Golden Eagle again yesterday, he flew right over the
top of us and then off to my daughter's and turned over into the Big Woods and
out of sight...no camera when you need it!!!

Also..after being here for a month and gone for a week and back again, I
finally figured out that I have a poor lone "Song Sparrow".  I don't recall
seeing one before, it is quite the pretty thing, but this one fits more the

debi lucas
greenup co.