[birdky] Golden Eagle

Again I have seen an immature Golden Eagle east of I-75. This time Joe Swanson
and I were in  Central Kentucky WMA around 11:00 AM Saturday. We had a very
good look at it alternately soaring and flapping just above us.

We also saw a group of about 80 Sandhills off to the east that appeared to have
just come up and were debating who was going to take the lead. Once this was
decided they headed toward Berea. Rhonda and I had a flock of about 50 on the
Adair/Russell county line last Thursday.

Other Saturday sightings at the WMA: savannah, swamp sparrows, cedar waxwings,
lots of flickers and red-bellies.

Scott
Lexington, KY
smarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:smarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>