[birdky] Fulton County 12/04/04

Melissa Easley and I enjoyed a day of birding in Fulton County.   Rivers are
out of their banks, lakes are high and fields are flooded in Western  KY.  We
tried to get into the Hickman bottoms but water was over the  road.  The one
disappointing note for the day was a lack of ducks.   Where are the ducks???
We chatted with a few hunters who confirmed that  there just are not any ducks
around.  The only ducks we saw were about 20  Mallards and 2 Wigeon.  Blue
Jays on the other hand were noted at most  wooded stops.
Sighting of interest are as follows:
Great White-fronted Goose -500
Black Vulture
Bald Eagle