[birdky] Fishing Creek Rec. Area

  • From: Roseanna Denton <roseannamd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 15:40:39 -0400

A number of shorebirds had dropped in at the Fishing Creek Rec. Area today;
some were dropping in while I was there. 2 Black-bellied Plovers in breeding
plumage were really nice to see. They could be seen from the hill at Pulaski
County Park, but I had to walk down from the Rec. Area to ID the smaller
shorebirds.
Roseanna Denton
Science Hill, Pulaski Co.

Fishing Creek Recreation Area, Pulaski, US-KY
Sep 5, 2011

Wood Duck  4
Mallard  1
Blue-winged Teal  45
Great Blue Heron (Blue form)  6
Great Egret  3
Green Heron  2
Black-bellied Plover  2
American Golden-Plover  1
Semipalmated Plover  3
Killdeer  2
Spotted Sandpiper  11
Solitary Sandpiper  3
Lesser Yellowlegs  79
Sanderling  1
Semipalmated Sandpiper  10
Least Sandpiper  30
Baird's Sandpiper  1
Pectoral Sandpiper  16
Stilt Sandpiper  4
peep sp.  20
Black Tern  6
Common Tern  25
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  2
Tree Swallow  50
Bank Swallow  6
Barn Swallow  30
Carolina Wren  1
Yellow Warbler  1
Blue Grosbeak  1

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2 (
http://ebird.org/content/iss)