[birdky] Falls of the Ohio..

  • From: Karen Bonsell <timforpres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone! I have a bit of good news! Today, while at the Clark Cabin site
at Falls of the Ohio, I finally observed two Eagles at the same time. One was
on
the nest, while the other was perched on a branch next to the nest. We can hope
this means that Dad is doing his job! Here is a pic of the two of them!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14653045@N00/5552161290/in/photostream/

Also, in the area just above the falls (Ashland park area) I saw a raft of
American White Pelicans! They would let the current carry them down until they
were almost at the dam, then they would all fly up river just a bit, and
somehow
end up back in a bunch, and repeat the process! It was pretty early, so I don't
know if they just spent the night with us or if they will be here awhile! Here
is a link to the pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14653045@N00/5552101924/in/photostream/

I also watched the Osprey! He was working pretty hard, but it's hard to tell if
he's making progress. I did see a couple of his branches fall right through the
tower to the ground. Hopefully his mate will arrive soon and they can work on
it
together. Links to Osprey pics!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14653045@N00/5551515379/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14653045@N00/5551515761/in/photostream/

Here are the links to the Rusty Blackbirds that I mentioned a few days ago!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14653045@N00/5542025656/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14653045@N00/5542025624/in/photostream/

Karen Bonsell