[birdky] Cowbird eggs look like Song Sparrow eggs

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:35:18 +0000

Since I had a Song Sparrow raise two hatchings of cowbirds last year, I checked
the Song Sparrow nest a few weeks ago for Cowbird eggs.  I saw what looked like
one "larger" egg and removed it.  The Song Sparrow abandoned the nest.
Therefore I took the nest out for a closer look and found 2 more Cowbird eggs
along side the 3 Song Sparrow eggs.  If anyone would like to see the pictures
of the eggs to see how close the Cowbird egg looks like the Song Sparrow egg,
please e-mail me & I will forward them to you.        Linda Craiger / Glasgow

PS  Last week, the Song Sparrow brought out 2 baby Cowbirds....... don't think
I will ever see a baby Song Sparrow.