[birdky] Cooper's Hawk on bird feeder stakeout

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY Freelists'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 10:58:21 -0600

I posted four of about 50 photos (to the Flickr KOS group) that I took of a
lovely Cooper's Hawk that has been nearby all morning.  I saw it around
yesterday and noticed a scattering of loose feathers around the bushes as
soon as it was light enough to see this morning.  It has apparently been a
successful hunter.  I spotted the hawk this morning because I passed the
window and saw  a lone Titmouse, in the birch tree, that was sitting dead
still, in a odd positional attitude, trying so hard to be invisible that
it's shape registered as a flycatcher.  Like most of my photos, these were
taken through a window, several at a fairly shallow angle.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91780057@N05/16020320455/in/photostream/