[birdky] Re: Conservation/political posts

  • From: Becryder@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:36:42 EST

Having just returned from several days out of town (I don't want to make
anyone jealous, but I attended the annual Autumn Birding Weekend at Cape
May), I was interested to read all the posts regarding Sen. McConnell and his
award for assisting in the creation of the Clarks River National Wildlife
Refuge.  I'm not really much interested in reading everyone's personal
political opinions, so I hesitate to comment on this issue for fear of
sparking a renewal of the posts.  However, I did think it was curious that
not a single post referred to the creation of the Refuge.  Nobody seems to
dispute that Sen. McConnell sponsored the legislation and guided it through
Congress over a period of six years.  I assume that most readers of this site
would agree that the creation of the Refuge is a good thing.  Shouldn't we
give credit where credit is due?

Bruce Cryder, Lexington