[birdky] Color marked GREG's

  • From: John Brunjes <john.brunjes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:11:40 -0500

I received this request for information.  I'm not sure if the Great
Lakes birds make it here....but just in case.

Request --

Birders are encouraged to watch for and report colour-banded Great Egrets.
Since 2000, more than 1,000 YOY Great Egrets have been colour-banded
with red leg bands --with white alpha-numerics--on the Great Lakes.
The bands may be on either the left or right leg and they may be above
or below the "knee" or both. Please report any such colour-banded
individuals, giving place and date of sighting…and the location of the
band and any inscription on the band to chip.weseloh@xxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
Chip Weseloh
416-739-5846