[birdky] Clarks River NWR MAPS station

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 17:58:44 EDT

We opened the nets at our MAPS banding station this morning. The area had
recently been flooded. The under story is covered with a layer of mud and
the  habitat has a different look at the moment. I thought it was interesting
to see  what birds we captured. Acadian Flycatchers are always our #1
species with  Kentucky Warbler #2 and Indigo Bunting #3.
Thanks to everyone who helped today. It was not easy trekking through  the
mud while swatting hordes of mosquitos.

Ruby throated Hummingbird - 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 1
Downy Woodpecker - 1
Hairy Woodpecker - 1
Eastern Wood Pewee - 1
Acadian Flycatcher - 8
Red-eyed Vireo - 3
Carolina Chickadee - 1
Tufted Titmouse - 1
Carolina Wren - 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 1
Eastern Bluebird - 2 (never seen in these woods before)
Swainson's Thrush - 4
Northern Parula - 1
American Redstart - 2 (male and female)
Prothonotary Warbler - 2