[birdky] Cedar Waxwings

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:34:01 +0000

The tree limbs were still 90 percent covered with ice in my back yard today at
4pm.  With the sun setting, the limbs glistening with ice, I had 4 Cedar
Waxwings just posed there.  While I was watching those 4, suddenly had another
10+ fly into the tree.  I suspect that they are having a hard time finding
berries that are not covered in ice.
I'm still waiting for the purple finches, the snow buntings, the American tree
sparrow, the red winged black bird and all the other great birds you guys have
been posting to fly my way.     Linda Craiger / Glasgow
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_012009