[birdky] Carolina Wren in my garage

  • From: Lisa Muvich <lmuvich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bird Ky List <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:37:45 -0800 (PST)

I found a Carolina Wren huddled on the floor of my garage this evening. It
evidently had been sleeping. After I picked it up and cleaned off the cobwebs
(my garage is not very tidy), it flew around a bit before settling atop some
boxes to sleep. It appears to fly and walk fine.  I opted for keeping it in the
garage overnight. I am worried, though, about it weakening without any food. I
know that they eat juicy bugs but I don't have any of those on hand...any
suggestions?

In addition to the water, I've left a buffet of fresh cranberries, bacon fat
and bread. Too bad I don't have a downy woodpecker. Last time I checked on it,
it had moved from its spot so I'm not sure where he/she is hiding now.

Lisa Muvich
Florence, KY (Boone County)

859-380-2760 Cell