[birdky] BirdKY-Robins!

  • From: ppkdrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:11:33 -0500

I was sitting at my desk last night right about dusk and I noticed a large
number of birds in my oak tree, the power lines and my neighbors yard.  I said
to my husband there must be 200 starlings in Martha's yard and ours and then I
added, Oh and a couple of Robins.  Then birds starting landing in my cherry
tree, which they rarely do and when I got out my binoculars to look, they were
Robins!  Then I looked at the rest of the birds, and most of the 200+ turned
out to be Robins!  First time I have ever seen a migrating flock of Robins.
Not a one in sight today but the feeder activity today is none stop!

Paula Geihs
Nelson County