[birdky] Re: Big Bird Days in Lexington

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tinanauman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 21:00:46 -0500

54! or 14.

Charlie
Henderson Co.

On Oct 4, 2015, at 8:37 PM, Tina Nauman <tinanauman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had a fall-out of Warblers and more (54 species) on Sept 30 and October 1
at my house. My house is built on stilts and looks right into the trees
where they were finding bugs and I could take photos from my covered deck
while it rained. I could then edit photos at my computer with a cup of hot
chocolate at hand, look out the window and run out to the deck every time
another wave of birds arrived.

The biggest highlight was a Blackpoll Warbler (4 photos). I'm surprised that
I have Cardinals and Goldfinch both feeding young.

I struggle with these Warblers so please make corrections as needed. The
Summer Tanager appears to have a Tanager beak but the coloring is certainly
odd.

Photos here:
http://tinanauman.zenfolio.com/p781191211
<http://tinanauman.zenfolio.com/p781191211>

Tina Nauman
Lexington, KY

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture
Red-tailed Hawk
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Mourning Dove
Eastern Screech-Owl
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Peregrine Falcon
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Eastern Phoebe
Yellow-throated Vireo
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet in the rain with drop of water on beak
American Robin
Swainson's Thrush
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Black-and-white Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Hooded Warbler
American Redstart
Cape May Warbler
Northern Parula
Magnolia Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Bay-breasted Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler (4 photos)
Palm Warbler
Song Sparrow
Northern Cardinal Parents feeding 1 or 2 young
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting sitting next to a Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
American Goldfinch Parents feeding 2 young
Summer Tanager with odd coloring