[birdky] Ballard Today and Oriole followup

  • From: "Scott and Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:11:46 -0600

The boys and I took a little tour of the Ballard WMA driving loop late this
afternoon to check out the waterfowl.  A few hundred ducks were seen with
mallards and gadwalls making up 99% of the flock with a few shovelers and coots
mixed in.  Also seen were a few Canada geese along with a perhaps 30 to 40
deer.

We also took a little detour to check out the oriole reported yesterday in
Kevil by Jeff Rowe.  We did not relocate the bird and Jeff has not seen the
bird since his initial sighting yesterday.

Scott Record
Ragland  KY