[birdky] Re: Bald eagles and such

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <melissaeasley1@xxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:24:40 -0500

Need to take a night on the road and go up to the dams on the Mississippi River
if they want to see lots of eagles, many up close and personal, especially at
Canton, MO and Quincy, IL.  However, ages 2-4-10 might get a little antsy.  :-)

Just returned from Florida where we saw four--3 at Sanibel, one at Seagrove
Beach. Many yellow rumps at the little park I went to at Seagrove. This was not
a birding trip, but I did get two life birds at Ding Darling--reddish egret and
yellow crowned night heron. So many osprey on the nests at Sanibel that we lost
count.  AND Thanks to all who recommended IBirdPro for my ITouch. DL'd it when
I got to our lodging and it served me well since I went off and left my bird
field guides at home.

Millie Farmer
St. Matthews, KY