[birdky] BKY RFI: Birding Near Lexington

  • From: Jeff Cooper <jeffcooper7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:11:10 -0600

My name is Jeff Cooper and I currently live in Pleasant Grove, Utah. I am an
active birder in the state of Utah. I was born and raised in Lexington,
Kentucky (graduated from Bryan Station High School), but did not actively
bird until moving to Utah so I'm not quick at identifying Kentucky birds
that are not common in Utah. I will be visiting Lexington for my family
reunion July 8-11th. I have been told that Raven Run is near where I'll be
staying (Jacobsen Park area) so I am planning to visit that area for birding
Friday or Saturday morning, July 8th or 9th.
I'm really interested in seeing warblers, woodpeckers, flycatchers, vireos,
thrushes, and the list goes on.

I enjoy photographing the birds I see. I often photograph new birds and
identify them later by reviewing the photos, but discover after the fact
that I failed to capture important field marks and cannot remember the songs
and calls associated with the birds in the photos. Hence, identification is
sometimes questionable after returning from unfamiliar habitats. In short, I
have come to appreciate birding with local experts. Consequently, I'm asking
if there are any local birders who might be willing to join me on a half-day
birding trip during my visit. If you are interested, please respond directly
to me.

Regards,
Jeff Cooper
Pleasant Grove, Utah