[birdky] BKY: New bird for the Riverwalk in Louisville

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:25:32 -0800 (PST)

Wow! Spring is finally on the way. Bird's eye is blooming in the backyard.

Today we decided to go walk the Riverwalk in Shawnee Park. Just after leaving
the big woods of cottonwood trees, we heard the call of Sandhill Cranes. A
flock of about 60 birds flew over our heads. As we proceeded down the path It
wasn't long until we again heard that wonderful sound of approaching cranes.
Looking up we saw two groups totaling about 100 birds. This was a new bird for
the Riverwalk.

Pat and Jane Bell
Jefferson County