[birdky] BKY: Migrants appearing in Eastern Jefferson County

  • From: Beckhambc@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:38:43 EDT

Migrants are beginning to move into our "backyard" wilderness. What a thrill
to once again be seeing our wood warblers. Sightings include:

Tuesday, April 22 - Pine warbler (a new bird for our yard list); Nashville
and palm warblers

Thursday, April 24 - Chimney swifts, great crested flycatcher, blue-headed
and red-eyed vireos; several black-throated green warblers, a waterthrush
(didn't get a good enough look for a positive ID).

Other birds of interest that have been present for some time include a pair
of wood ducks on the creek, great horned owls, blue-gray gnatcatchers,
phoebes, and yellow-rumped warblers. We put up our hummingbird feeder last
Sunday, but we're still waiting.

Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville, KY