[birdky] BKY: First of season warbler on the AT

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:02:17 -0700

This morning we had a beautiful blue-winged warbler on the Anchorage Trail. We
also located 2 Black-and-whites, 2 Yellows and 4 Common Yellowthroats. One pair
of C. Yellowthroats was feeding 2 young cowbirds.

There was a lot of activity on the trail. Highlights include:
4 Green Herons
2 House Wrens
3 Pewees
10 Gnatcatchers
1 Warbling vireo
7 Indigo Buntings
3 Hummers - one feisty little individual was harassing a Red-shouldered Hawk
3 Gr. Crested Flycatchers ( one is singing in our backyard as I write this
report)
1 Brown Thrasher

Weather was perfect. What a great summer!

Pat Bell
Jane Bell
Louisville