[birdky] BKY: Anyone have any information on the Bald Eagles at Nolin Lake this year?

  • From: Chad Wilson <chadwilson25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 21:31:11 -0600

I went last year and saw a Bald Eagle in the wild for the first time (before
that I didnt have a clue there were even in KY...).  I got lucky and saw
them up close perching around the spillway.  I went back several times last
year and always ended up seeing just one and it was usually soaring way up
in the sky.  I actually sat for a few hours one Saturday and didnt see
anything around the spillway area at all.

I went back this year about two weeks ago and didnt see anything so I was
wondering if anyone knew the status of the Eagles around Nolin.  Is this not
a very good spot to see them or do they congregate in other areas around the
park?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chad Wilson