[birdky] BKY: A new bird for Kentucky, the Painted Bunting

  • From: Beckhambc@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:37:48 EDT

Thanks, Brainard and Mark, for locating this bird in Kentucky. It's great to
have this beautiful species in our state. Sure hope it is able to find a mate
and nests there.

Mark Bennett had the bird pinpointed for us when we arrived on the scene this
morning. It was perched on a utility wire and singing to beat the band.

On our way home we stopped to see the scissor-tailed flycatchers and they
were building their nest on the same utility pole that they used last year.
Isn't that fantastic?

Happy spring birding,
Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville, KY