[birdky] BIRDKY: American Pipits in Jefferson County

  • From: Beckhambc@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:21:43 EST

The sod fields in eastern Jefferson County yielded 100+ American pipits.
These fields are on Schuler Lane off of Brownsboro Road HWY 1694.  In the
soybean fields were several nice savannah sparrows.

In the woods behind our home today we had a late indigo bunting. Yesterday we
had an orange-crowned warbler and a Tennessee warbler.

Not one but two beautiful red foxes appeared in our yard yesterday,
apparently looking for chipmunks. What a treat to see these animals up close
and personal.

Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville, KY