[birdky] Anglin Falls Wildflowers - Berea KY

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK List <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KY Birds <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 14:41:14 -0800 (PST)

Kentucky Birders,
Michelle, Chazzy and I had a great hike out to Anglin Falls in Rockcastle
County - just south of Berea.  After the rains last night this 75-foot
waterfall was putting on quite a show.  The biggest surprises of the day were
blooming Chickweed and Hepatica.  The birding was slow but we did find
Chickadees and Titmice and a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers kept us company on
the hike up to the falls.  We made a quick stop at Lake Reba but only located
Mallards, Coots, C. Geese, and Pied-billed Grebes.  Lots of Kestrels were out
along the power lines in Madison County.

For those interested, here is a link to our hike pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/anglin4 ;

Now it's time for some Super Bowl madness.........

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY