[birdky] Re: A question about bluebird feeding

  • From: "Brian Myres" <myresb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:03:28 -0400

Sorry I didn't have the name before emailing, but go to www.grubco.com (or
type in "mealworms" for sites; my server gave me 27,000 hits for
mealworms...go figure!)  for mealworms; if bought in bulk, they're not too
expensive, and this company has the most reasonable prices. If you want to
really reduce the price, you can allow some of them to become adults and
raise your own; just make sure you have a top on the enclosure so they're
not all over your house! They are not worms, they are flour beetle larvae!!
They will feed on potato slices, or overripe fruit, or bread slices, and the
enclosure has to be cleaned out occasionally.

Brian Myres
Carlisle, KY