[birdky] 2 new birds for me

  • From: Ian Stewart <itsacharliebrownchristmas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:02:17 -0400

I saw two life birds yesterday in the Lexington suburbs. The first was a
beautiful male black-throated blue warbler. I'd tried to see one of these for
years without success, but yesterday one approached me so close I didn't even
need binoculars to identify it!

I also saw an olive-sided flycatcher, which was an unexpectedly easy ID for a
flycatcher because of the obvious white tufts of feathers sticking out the
back, and they do indeed have noticeably big heads and short tails.

A nice Saturday!
Ian

Ian Stewart

Department of Biology