[bikeshed] Re: GUI + QEMU...fixed?

  • From: David Larsen <caltry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bikeshed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:23:12 -0400

On 5/22/12 9:18 PM, David Larsen wrote:
On 5/22/12 9:07 PM, Sean Congden wrote:
I just added it as a module in src/Makefile and it seems to work fine.

Won't that also compile it into the kernel?

Nevermind, this doesn't generate an archive, so it won't be compiled into the Kernel, so we should be good with that approach for now. If we ever decided to build an archive in that directory, it would be included in the kernel.

Unfortunately, there's no way to force the construction of the kernel modules first. If we wanted to do it this way, though, we can split them up into KERNEL_MODULES and USER_MODULES. Then we can make the rule:

$(USER_MODULES): $(KERNEL_MODULES)

Which specifies that the USER_MODULES depend on the KERNEL_MODULES.

-David