[bigbangrobotics] Big news from BattleBots!

  • From: Jay Johnson <tallyjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free List <bigbangrobotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:49:28 -0800 (PST)

Here at Big Bang Robotics we've been busy lately
moving into a new location and we are looking forward
to another year of robot combat action!!  There has
been a lot of news in the robotics world lately, first
from the Mars rovers, then from the DARPA Grand
Challenge (autonomous vehicle challenge in the SW
desert).  But for us some equally exciting news comes
from the biggest event organizer in the world of US
robot combat - BattleBots has released details on a
number of planned events for 2004!
Event #1:
BattleBots IQ MMER Challenge - April 21-25, 2004,
Owatonna Minnesota. Inaugural College Division
back-to-back with the High School and TableTop Robot
Divisions. For more information check out
Event #2:
NPC Charity Open, BattleBots/Minnesota Manufacturing
Education Resource (MMER), July 4th weekend - July
1-5, 2004, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Charity event to
help raise awareness for the MMER and support its
education foundation. Prizes to be awarded through 3rd
place in each weight class.
Event #3:
BattleBots is also planning an end-of-the-year event
in Mare Island California -- possibly in November.
Event 2 and 3 will be videotaped for television
This is obviously welcome news and our team plans to
field a competitive robot for the 2004 season.  As the
dates for these events come near we'll send you an
update on our bot's status and our plans for the
events.  Thanks for your interest in robotics!
Jay Johnson

You were subscribed to this list either because you
expressed an interest in being kept updated on related
events or as a direct result of signing up from our
web site.  If you wish to no longer receive email from
this list, simply send an email to:
and put the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in
the subject line.