[biblitfonts] New Greek characters in Unicode 4.0

The new version 4.0 of the Unicode Standard includes five new Greek characters, which I believe it will be worthwhile adding to the SBL Greek character set (with smallcap variants as appropriate). Information about the encoding of these new characters is available at

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U40-0370.pdf

Note that this is a beta document, but the five new characters have been officially accepted and encoded as shown.

I would appreciate any comments you may have regarding the use and form of these characters. I suspect they may be relevant only for classical texts, rather than koine, but since SBL's publications have included classical texts (e.g. Philostratus' _Heroikos_) I think we should include in the SBL font everything that Unicode encodes. I am particularly interested to know if Gerry has any comments on typographic options for these characters.

Regards, John

Tiro Typeworks          www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC           tiro@xxxxxxxx

As for the technique of trimming the nib,
Do not be greedy!
I will not reveal its nuances; I withhold its secrets.
                  - Ibn al-Bawwab, Ra'iyyah