[betterwayfarm] Re: Meeting

  • From: "Kim Cooper" <coop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <betterwayfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:21:04 -0400

Hi all:

I have three week-ends committed so far - two camping and one wedding.  I'll
get a calander and submit that.  I was hoping to hear some outcome from the
last meeting.

I spent a week in New York for a qigong retreat two weeks ago.  It  was eye
opening for me to say the least. There were 41 of us and the people were
unbelievably nice.  There was one guy that never wears shoes - even in the
winter and always has beads around his neck and carried a huge cloth bag.
Apparently, he is the only American ever approved to arrange the lotus pedals
by the Tibetan Monks.  I'm not sure I know what that means, but it was
interesting to listen to him.  The hotel we stayed at was dilapidated with
water continuously pouring from the ceiling onto the floor in the hallways and
many rooms - even when not raining!!!  They were closing it down the week-end
after we left - I think perhaps permanently.  It was a shame because you could
see how this place was awesome 50 years ago.   Jean has been pretty busy with
her new CPA business, mostly helping people get out of trouble with the IRS.
She is doing some amazing stuff.

I've been trying to fit walks in at the park as much often as I can.  We used
to do this together, but Jean is working over a lot.  I'm finding the solitude
of walking along somewhat cleansing - it forces me to talk to myself with no
radio or conversation in the background.