[betterwayfarm] Re: Everyone's status/future of Betterway

  • From: Kip and Beth Gardner <kipandbeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: betterwayfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:53:06 -0400

Dear Paul and All,
Greetings! Good news from our end: We closed on our house (the one we've been living in) today! I think most of you know that our being in this house has been up in the air for years, and it reached a point this Summer where we had to either buy it outright or move. Our philosophy, beliefs and desire to live in community have not changed, but we have known for a long time that being neither in community nor firmly planted somewhere was the least secure position for our future, regardless of what comes. We are pretty committed to being here until Hannah graduates, although we might want to invest in some transitional land. I am just glad to know where we'll be for a while. Kip and I still want to be part of the process and can still see ourselves in community, but, as the drivers, we weren't getting us anywhere. So our hands are off the wheel for now. It is up to the group if this is to continue. Paul has shown a desire and willingness to continue and further this process. We know others in the group who are still interested in community but don't know yet how that will manifest itself. Kip will be traveling some for work in October, but we are open to looking at a meeting time if there is interest. On a personal note, we'd love to have a housewarming party and see everyone there! We'll be in touch and keep up on things.
Love and peace, Beth (and Kip)

On Sep 30, 2009, at 10:59 AM, paul w. woodring wrote:

Hi to All;

I recently put out a message asking if there was any interest in a meeting for September. I received no response, nada, nothing. Outside of a couple of responses saying they were not available for a Summer meeting, I have not heard from any of the core group since Memorial Day, except Kip and Beth.

I really would like to know from those who had been regularly involved in planning for a community if you are still interested in forming a community in the Wooster area? I realize that this has never been an easy proposition, nothing worthwhile ever is. For those like me, who see this as a way to cope with a looming economic and environmental crisis, there is a degree of urgency involved in trying to acquire land before something like hyper- inflation hits and seriously erodes the value of our cash resources.

I realize the recession has made for difficult times for many. Despite what the official cheerleaders for the economic status quo are saying about a return to good times being at hand, I think we are headed for the edge of the cliff, and those in-charge just don't want everyone to panic until they are secure in their gated communities with all of OUR money. It is therefore critical that planning continue to form a viable, sustainable community to weather the coming storms.

So, please let me know who, if anyone is still in for developing the Betterway concept to fruition. I'd like to see us meet in October if anything is going to happen. Thanks.

Peace,

Paul Woodring