[best_buddies] Re: Got admission to FPM course in IIM

  • From: Jayabalan Subramanian <jayabalan.subramanian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: best_buddies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:49:51 +0530

Best wishes!

Regards,

JB
On 28-Feb-2011 8:00 PM, "vijay kumar" <vijaymds@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Friends - Wanted to share a news with all of you.
> It was my long time ambition (or shud I say, it was a dream as well) to
obtain a doctoral degree. And, I have got one step closer to that.
> I have received a provisional admission confirmation from Indian Institute
of Management (IIM), Indore to join the Fellow Program In Management (FPM)
course. This is a doctoral degree in Management offered by IIM (an
equivalent of PhD being offered by IITs) and is of around 3-4 years duration
including a 6-8 month class room study at IIM Indore, followed by Thesis
work. The classes start in the 2nd week April 2011. I have been selected for
Strategic Management as well as for Information Systems, out of which I need
to choose one.
> In fact after the Bachelors, I always wanted to do a higher degree in a
leading institute like IIT or IIM and that has also come true. So it is a
sort of double whammy.
> Hopefully I will be able to prefix a new title before my name in the next
3-4 years.
> Lots of you have encouraged me in my studies throughout and that has
always helped me to seek this degree as well.
> I know I can depend on you folks for any help and I will come back to you
during the start of thesis if I need some help