[best_buddies] Re: Are you ok there?

  • From: vijay kumar <vijaymds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <best_buddies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ravi.chandran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:03:04 +0530

Ganesan
Take care and be safe... I understand that Bahrain embroglio has not hit the
headlines as much as Egypt or Libya, and hence even diplomatic help might be
difficult.Our wish is that you can fly back to India and once you get a sense
of normality returning, then you can also return
My regards to your wife and kid.
Wishing you all the safety

From: Ganesan.Ramamoorthy@xxxxxxxxx
To: ravi.chandran@xxxxxxxxx
CC: best_buddies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:52:40 +0530
Subject: [best_buddies] Re: Are you ok there?

This morning, I took a bold step of driving with my family to Saudi. When I
started getting into the highway, I saw huge smoke coming out from the middle
 of the town (I u/stood that is when army started bombarding the protestors to
clear the place). The highway was clear of any traffic with hardly any cars.
Along the highway, we saw masked armymen with guns pointed at cars and huge
army trucks parked at all
 intersections. They were occupying two of the three lanes on the highway and
was waving us to proceed faster.

Finally, reached the causeway gate and at the checkpoint, a Pakistani policemen
quizzed us “are you going to Saudi”. I said “yes” and he let us in. Saudi
 customs thoroughly checked our baggage before letting us in and finally
entered Saudi territory.

I u/stand that army has taken over the complete island and don’t know how many
days this situation is going to be like this. I have come to a friend’s place
 and if the situation continues for some more days, will look at getting into a
service apartment till the situation improves in Bahrain.

Warm Regards

R. Ganesan