[bcbirdclub] Saturday Outing

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:13:51 -0500

Greetings Birders,

The Russell County Bird Club has an outing planned for Saturday, January 15.
The forecast for Saturday is good with a high around 40º and no mention of
rain until late in the day.  This is a great chance to shake your cabin
fever.  We?ll meet at Hardees in Lebanon at 8:30.  We usually bird along Big
Cedar Creek out though the Forty Foot area to the Mud Hole.  This is a good
area for Loggerhead Shrike, Red-tailed Hawk, and Kestrel as well as other
species.  The Mud Hole is likely to be frozen, but there will almost
certainly be White-crowned Sparrows in the neighborhood.  We?ll hit Corn
Valley and possibly Mountain Road and Stuart?s pond.  Corn Valley often
produces Golden Eagles while Mountain Road has a resident Screech-Owl that?s
pretty dependable.  Stuart?s Pond is not quite the treasure it once was, but
it still produces some interesting birds from time to time.  Lunch will be
at the Thornhills?.  Tom Hunter will lead this expedition.  Everyone is
welcome.  You don?t have to be a club member.  Tom:  Please fell free to add
to or change any of this.

See y?all Saturday,

Jerry