[bcbirdclub] SHELDON COMING HOME TODAY!

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:14:56 -0400

Hi All,
I just talked to Sheldon on the phone. After 83 days Sheldon is being released
from the hospital today. He is having less nausea, and he is up and taking
walks around the hospital. The doctors decided on Monday to release him.

Orpha's sister Pat is planning to decorate the house with balloons, etc. and
wants to have a group of friends and relatives there to greet him. Lynda and I
are planning to be there, and any others of you who live close enough, would be
welcome. I know Sheldon would appreciate it.
At the moment it looks like he will get home around 6:00 or 7:00 this evening.

For those who can't be there but would like to send balloons, flowers, etc. You
can have them sent to

Sheldon Woods
1148 Dewberry Rd
Vansant VA
         24656

This is the best news we have heard in a long time. The doctors say that it
will be a year before he has fully recovered, but it looks like he may have
started the journey.