[bcbirdclub] Fw: Apple Tree

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:59:37 -0500

Hi All,
You may remember a few days ago I posted this photo of apples.

Well, Sandra Weigand of Lynchburg wrote to tell me that she had sent the photo
to an apple expert friend of hers. He believed that the apple was called
Fameuse (French for "famous") or Snow Apple. He said he could tell for sure if
he could taste one. I sent Sandra a few apples, and she showed them to her
friend, Tom. Following is her reply which was really surprising to me.