[bcbirdclub] Free Astronomy Program

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:57:49 -0500

Hi All,
This listserve deals with anything nature related and the night sky definitely
qualifies. I know some of you are interested in astronomy as I am.  Ed Talbott
III just notified me about a great free astoronomy program called Stellarium
that can be downloaded from the internet. It gives really realistic views of
the night sky with planets, constellations, nebulae, etc. I have been playing
around with it and I am really enjoying it.
It can be found at http://www.stellarium.org/  Once you get it downloaded and
installed you can do like I did and keep playing with it until you figure it
out, or you could just go to the help screens and make it easier on yourself.