[bcbirdclub] Re: Compton Mt Fall Migration Totals

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:46:22 -0500

Okay Jerry, I now feel sufficiently chastised, and I promise that in the future
I will make more of an effort to identify and remember each individual bird
that I meet during the fall migration. I will begin by trying to remember the
names of at least some of the birds I encountered this fall.
Let's see.... I remember, Tweety Bird, Woody, Big Bird, Road Runner, Toucan
Sam, Heckle and Jeckel, a group of angry birds, but their individual names
escape me at the moment. Then there was Mary, Jim, Pete and Olaf. I think Olaf
was Scandinavian and may have been a new record for the area, but I didn't get
enough info from him to be sure. There was also Pedro. He definitely wanted to
get farther south before cold weather set in. There was also Robert the
Canadian snowbird that was on his way to his winter home in Florida. Oh, I
almost forgot Rufus the Hummer. This was his first trip through this area, but
he plans to come back.
Sorry, that's all I can remember at the moment, but If I remember more I will
let you know. I will be diligent in the future and try to maintain the
standards you expect. Of course I am sure you will also hold yourself to the
same high standard by remembering the individual names of all the birds you
find on the Christmas Bird Counts this year.