[bcbirdclub] Cardinals and Snow

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:33:14 -0500

Hi All,
Here is the view from our dining room this morning. At the peak of the feeding
frenzy we had 35 Cardinals at the feeders, 24 males and 11 females. Everything
was going well until a  Sharp-shinned Hawk came zipping in and landed on the
ground next to the azalea bush (the bush in the photo) where the birds had
taken refuge. While the hawk was on one side of the bush the birds made their
escape  out the other side. The Sharpie went away without lunch.

JPEG image