[bcbirdclub] Re: Bobalinks

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, David!!!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David & Susan Raines
  To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 9:38 PM
  Subject: [bcbirdclub] Bobalinks

  My wife Susan has always considered the Bobalink to be my birthday bird
because it has shown up here in the 80's and 90's on my birthday. Well, I got a
great birthday gift on my birthday (today) when I saw 2 beautiful male
bobalinks singing in the top of the cherry tree in our backyard. They flew over
to the powerline and gave me some great looks and were last seen flying over to
my neighbor, Ed Bailey's house. Another birthday surprise came when I took a
walk through the back pasture and spied on the edge of the property, 2 pink
ladyslippers. I did not realize that we had those so near and they are in full
bloom and gorgous. The hummingbirds are sucking down the feed, as my mom, dad
and brother ate dinner with us we watched 12 at a time drinking and fighting.
Ha, sounds like a western! Altogether, at least 40 species of birds identified
on the property this evening. Among the highlights were; 8 different warblers,
(bluewing, common yellowthroat, wormeating, hooded, northern parula, yellow
rumpted, yellow and ovenbird) Rose breasted grosbeaks, scarlett tanager,
eastern kingbird, greatcrested flycatcher, swamp sparrow and white throated
sparrow. Happy birthday to me!! Dave Raines

GIF image