[bcbirdclub] BCBC Calendar of Events Update

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:02:24 -0500

Hi Fellow Birders,
With help from Don Carrier I have been working on the club web site, and still
have some work to do.
I have recently updated our Calendar of Events page on the club site. Notice
that we have several events scheduled throughout the year. We may add other
events later. Here is the link to the page http://www.bcbirdclub.org/events.htm

Normally to get to the events page you would go to the home page of the
Buchanan County Bird Club web site at http://www.bcbirdclub.org/ and then click
on Calendar of Events. Notice also that I have added a couple of bird photos to
the home page. From time to time I would like to display bird or other wildlife
photos or short birding and wildlife stories by club members on the site. If
you are a club member and would like a photo or story displayed just email the
item to me. If you are not a member and would like to become one, just mail
your check for $5.00 (Individual) or $10.00 (Family) to our club
Secretary/Treasurer:

Lynda Mayhorn
3343 Compton Mt Rd
Pilgrims Knob VA
                  24634

The club dues are needed to pay for:

Maintaining our 70 plus bluebird boxes on our 4 Bluebird Trails
Paying the club's dues to The Virginia Society of Ornithology and to the
Virginia Bluebird Society
$5.00 fee to the Audubon Society for each member who participates in the
Buchanan County Christmas Bird Count
Flowers or donations for members who have lost a family member
Meals for visiting speakers
Food for special events