[bcbirdclub] Re: Aviatlas - New Birding Tool

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BCBC Listserve'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:13:24 -0500

Greetings fellow listers,

I've been checking this site out for the last little while.  It's
interesting that there are many, many sites worldwide.  As you zoom in on
the map, you see more and more of them.  Most are simply locations indicated
by an empty pin stuck in the map.  A red pin indicates a site with
information available.  Of the many sites in Virginia, the ones with
information are those in Southwest Virginia including the Mudhole (Elk
Garden), Clinch Mountain WMA, Hidden Valley Lake WMA, and others.  The
Mudhole links to the Russell County Bird Club web site.  Compton Mountain
has a pin but no info.

Check it out if you haven't already.

Jerry