[bactttoma] pension

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 18:28:15 +1000

Hi folks.

In my view yes and for a number of reasons.

I keep hearing from pensioners oh it is so hard to live on my low income and it
is so hard to budget.

The good news is folks if you really need genuine assistance, there are a
million solutions in Australia, we are lucky in this regard.

Most shires have food banks and transport services to take you to these places
as well.

Don't knock food banks, the places are fantastic if people want my 2 cents
worth, and yes I have used them now and then.

Another thing to consider is the pension is the top benefit you can get.

If you compared the pension rate to new start you will find even without rental
assistance you get about 150 dollars extra each fortnight.

Again, heaps of concessions are available on pensions everything from deferred
rates if you own your own home to concessions on everything from animal
registration to car registration and yes, believe it or not, insurance if you
know where to look.

Another thing to consider is the number of charities who give assistance with
everything from food vouchers to vouchers they send to gas, electricity, phone
and water companies to help and assist pensioners pay their bills.

As I say, you just need to know where to look.

Start with your local churches, and no you don't have to convert to a religion
to get genuine assistance.

As for medical appointment transport, look at your local shire, your local
church, and even your local state government department may assist you here,
this saves taxi fairs.

In the specific case of blind people, compare our membership fees to BCA or VA
to those others are paying.

If you live in Western Australia and you are blind you pay 66 dollars a year
for the Association for the Blind.

Compare that price to membership you pay to Vision Australia and count your
blessings if you live anywhere outside WA.

Pensioners are now the only people who get free ambulance transport new start
customers do not get this even though they have health care cards.

As for clothing, well, you don't need the top of the line labels every time
surely not.

Nothing wrong with all the second hand stuff and shops around they are
everywhere these days.

And if that's not enough, there are drop in centres, soup kitchens, and yes,
chemists who give pensioner discounts on over the counter products as well
although a lot of them want you to pay a membership fee first now days.

So pensioners, swallow your pride, the assistance is truly out there, and keep
off the poker machines please ok complete waste of money and I see so many
pensioners spending hundreds of dollars a year on this waste.

On 01/05/2010, at 6:03 PM, david wrote:

>   hmmm heres something to think do we recieve enough money from the goverment
> from our pension. I only say that parents now will recieve more they us over
> 18 weeks if they choose to have chilldreen your thoughts
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "david" <davidsaxberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Use "subscribe"
welcome message again or
will give you more